Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Vietnam War: M1 Helmet

Hello! I haven't posted in a little while and I got some cool stuff since then, Ill save all the new stuff for another post, but if you want to check it out, I update my Youtube Account often. For today Ill give you a close up look at my M1 Helmet!


This helmet has the Mitchell Camo cover on it right now, A Helmet band for putting things on your helmet, Like the bottle of good ol' bug juice I got on there to keep the skeeters away! Heres a look on what the inside of the helmet is like:


This is the Helmet liner, a separate part from the Steel Pot of the helmet, I have the liner, a sweatband and a chinstrap on my helmet, I have pretty much all the things you can get for the M1 except for the nape strap which wasn't really on every helmet anyway. This helmet is really heavy and gives you a stiff neck if you wear it for more than 10 minutes!

And of course the bug juice! This is an original bottle from December 1966, the stuff smells... Thats all I have to say about that!
So thats all for my helmet really, Its Vietnam Era and looks awesome with the camo cover on it! Thank you for reading and dont forget to check back for more Vietnam War items,  and Womens soccer Autographs, Stories and cards! Thank you for reading!
-Anthony

1 comment:

  1. your helmet is more the lebanese war type. they used type 1 liners, the clip on chinstraps and mitchell cover quite often. did you check the dates?

    ReplyDelete