Saturday, September 25, 2010

Vietnam War: M69 Flak Vest

My next thing I'll Show you from my Vietnam War collection is my M69 Flak vest, these things are pretty hard to come by and Im really happy that I have one!


The vest is slightly small on me, but I can put it on if I wanted to, I think its a size small, I fit into a large or medium. I bought this on ebay for about 50 bucks, which isn't too bad as these usually go for about 75$ +. These vests were designed to stop shrapnel from grenades and from artillery shells and other such explosives. And also some small arms fire sometimes. Im not really sure how well they work, but they were widely used in the war. This thing is the real deal, its heavy and all that too. It has strings on the side for adjusting the size, a zipper and buttons on the front, grenade hangers , 2 pockets, and a thick protective collar. The tag on the vest basically you how to care and clean the vest.

So that's all for today's post! Thank you for reading! For you womens soccer fans out there, the championship game is tomorrow! FC Gold pride vs Philly! I'm rooting for FCGP on this one, as I am a Washington Freedom fan and I really dont wanna see the team that knocked us out of the playoffs win it all! So thanks for reading and go FCGP!

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't say its hard to come by, if they are easy purchase even in Poland, especially size small :-)

    http://offtime-militaria.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete