Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My favorites of womens soccer

Hello! Today I figured that I would let everyone know who I support in the world of womens soccer! What teams and players are my favorite and all that, so let us begin!
Favorite teams:
For International teams, my favorite team is the USWNT!
Along with the USA, I also support the national teams for, Australia, Germany, and Canada
Ill be rootin for these teams during the Womens world cup in Germany 2011!

As for my favorite club or domestic team, I love and support the Washington Freedom!




 The Freedom is an awesome team, and its a shame that we lost in the playoffs this year! Well get em next year!!
Now to move on to my....
Favorite Players!
Well I have quite a few, so I'll only mention some here, lets start off with my top favorite:
USWNT and Washington Freedom Defender #4 Cat Whitehill!!!
Cat is an awesome player! Shes a great defender and has a great long range kick! Her kicks are always accurate and are usually put right in front of goal so one of her teammates can head the ball home! Go Cat!

My #2 Favorite will have to be




USWNT and Washington Freedom Forward #20 Abby Wambach!!
Abby, in my opinion is the best forward in the world, yes. I picked her over Marta! I truly believe that Abby is a better player than Marta, sure she dosent have all that "Brazilian Flare" but she scores loooots of goals and is a great team player! She isn't a ball hog, and passes often, which is why she has lots of assists! And some of her goals are just insane, not to mention her headers and diving headers which are always great! Her height sure helps her in that department! I think that Abby will lead team USA to a win in the 2011 World cup!! Go Abby!

And my #3 Favorite player, and last one for this post is....
Canada WNT and FC Gold Pride Forward #12 Christine Sinclair!!
Christine is another great forward that I like! Shes like Wambach as she scores awesome goals, but she also passes and has lots of assists! She is often overshadowed by the great Marta on FC Gold Pride yet she still did amazing and led WPS in assists with 9 on the year, so hopefully the upcoming world cup will be her time to shine on a world stage! Go Christine!
Some of my other favorites are, 

Tiffany Weimer ^


Rebecca Moros ^

Megan Rapinoe ^


Amy LePeilbet ^


So there you have it! my faves of the womens soccer world! Of course there are other teams I like and many other players I like a lot, but I didnt wanna make this post a mile long giving everyone there own section! So this is all for now! Thank you very much for reading! And be sure to catch the USWNT take on China PR tomorrow on ESPN 2! Who is your favorite player and whats your favorite womens soccer team? Let me know in the comments if you like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment